Seven Faces of Prayer
Majid Ali, M.D.
Praying has revealed seven faces of prayer to me:
- First, prayer is recognizing one’s humanity and limits. Acceptance is healing.
- Second, prayer is knowing one’s entitlement of hope regardless of how limited one feels or is.
- Third, prayer is changing conversations. Conversations with oneself are far more punishing than those with others.
- Fourth, one can know only as much divinity as exists within. Prayer reveals that dimension of life.
- Fifth, depression is low-brain-energy state. Prayer brings surges of energy.
- Sixth, prayer brings equilibrium between what is beneath the skin and what resides outside it.
- Seven, prayer glows in its grace.
For more on the subject of prayer, please consider more on other short articles in my prayer series.