Our Brain Is Worth Saving
Dr. Ali’s Day and Night Brain Nutrient Groups
For Fears, Anger, Stress, Anxiety, Depression, and Related Mood Disorders
Majid Ali, M.D.
Updated May 13, 2014
Below are my guidelines for nutrients with special “brain equilibrium benefits” for individuals with anxiety, fears, depression, and related patterns of chronic suffering. At the outset I point out that I never address such clinical problems without a sharp focus on the health of the two organs of the body of paramount importance: the liver (which I designate as the guardian angel of the brain) and the bowel which I consider to be the guardian angel of the liver. I use spices and liberally for this purpose.
I divide my preferred nutrients into two groups:
1. Brain Equilibrium Night Group
2. Brain Equilibrium Day Group
My assignment of nutrients in the two groups is based on: (1) what my patients (my truest teachers) have taught me about these nutrients; (2) my clinical observations made with their clinical uses; and (3) the benefits reported by others in the literature.
1. Brain Equilibrium Night Group
- 1. 5- HTP 50 to 100 mg at bedtime
- 2. Melatonin One to five mg at bedtime
- L-Tryptophane 5-HTP Cap 50 mg Two at bedtime
- 3. GABA Tab 750 mg One at bedtime
- 4. NAC cap 600 mg One at bedtime
- 5. Hawthorne Tea or 10 drops of tincture
- 6. Passion Flower Tea or 10 drops of tincture
5-HTP, melotonin, hawthorne and passion flower to be taken at bed time. o
My assignment of nutrients in the two groups is based on: (1) what my patients (my truest
Brain Equilibrium Day Group
- 1. L-Theanine 100 to 200 mg daily
- 2. L-Tyrosine 500 to 1000 mg daily
- 3. SAMe Tab 400 mg One tablet or capsule twice daily
- 4. St. John’s Wort Cap 300 mg One tablet or capsule twice daily
- 5. Lecithin Search “Dr. Ali’s Breakfast”
- Omega-3 Oils Recommended source Flaxseed
- Chlorella One teaspoon ophyll (See Dr. Ali’s Breakfast e tablet or capsule twice dailySee :
Personalizing Brain Nutrients With Brain-active Drugs
Personalizing Brain Equilibrium Protocols
I suggest that people begin with one nutrient from the night group and the other from the day group, then add a second one from each group after two days, and then proceed with others if desired. All of the nutrients are best taken 30 to 45 minutes before meals.
Being one’s own healer means taking responsibility for one’s own health and finding the courage to think independently, guided by one’s own senses, observations, and insights. It requires developing an inner sense of the clinical benefits of the above nutrients taken individually or in concert.
Use of Brain Equilibrium Nutrients With Brain-active Drugs
In my clinical work with the brain equilibrium nutrients listed above I have not encountered problems arising from combined use of drugs and nutrients. Still I suggest that people taking psychotropic drugs bring my guidelines to the attention of their doctors before beginning the program.
As Is the Say So the Night
It is crucial to try to address the daytime matters for restorative sleep. For this I recommend Limbic Breathing with normal breathe-ins and slow breathe-outs. For this, please read my short articles by entering the words “The Sky” at the search box of this site
Spiritual Healing Course
Staying within one’s head disturbs one’s brain equilibrium. The remedy for this is to escape into one’s elements and restore that equilibrium. I consider this crucial for success in achieving equilibrium, calm, and equanimity. Please study my free Spiritual Healing Course posted at www.drali1.org.
Links to Breathing Videos