Is Dark Chocolate Good for You?
Yes, It Is. How Did You Guess It?
Majid Ali, M.D.
Dark chocolate (80 to 85% organic) increases blood supply and oxygen to al tissues in the body. This, of course, also means the brain, heart, liver, kidneys, and other body organs. This may be called choc-epi-nitro story. Here is how the story goes:
- Dark chocolate contains a substance called epicatechin.
- Epicatechin increases the release of nitric oxide (nitro) from endo cells lining blood vessels everywhere in the body.
- Nitro opens arteries to allow more blood to flow into the tissues.
- More blood means more oxygen and less acids.
- More oxygen and less acids means health.
There is one other reason why dark chocolate is good for you: You like it (or possibly love it).