HDL “Good” Cholesterol Is Not Good At All
Majid Ali, M.D.
An Article of the Cholesterol Deception Series
“Now, a new study that makes use of powerful databases of genetic information has found that raising HDL levels may not make any difference to heart disease risk. People who inherit genes that give them naturally higher HDL levels throughout life have no less heart disease than those who inherit genes that give them slightly lower levels. If HDL were protective, those with genes causing higher levels should have had less heart disease.“
“The current study tells us that when it comes to HDL we should seriously consider going back to the drawing board, in this case meaning back to the laboratory,” said Dr. Lauer.
Here is some relevant information:
Endothelial cells are delicate cells which line the inner surfaces of blood vessels. Endothelial lipase is an enzyme that seem to affects only high density lipoprotein (HDL, which does not contain cholesterol in its molecular structure.
A large recent study involved 116,000 individuals revealed that about 2.6 percent of the population has a variation in that gene that raises their HDL levels by about 6 points. HDL has one component called SIP which has anti-inflammatory effects and lowers the risk of heart disease.
Links to Videos of Dr. Ali’s 15-Video Cholesterol Library
1. Three Very Simple Cholesterol Questions
2. In How Many Ways Do Cholesterol Drugs Hurt the Heart
3. Cholesterol Deception for Life. Really!
4. Cholesterol Drugs and Brain Function Loss
5. Nearly 50% Heart Attacks Associated With Low Cholesterol
6. Cholesterol Drugs or Spices
7. In How Many Ways Does Cholesterol Protect Muscles
8. What Does High LDL Cholesterol Mean
9. Cholesterol Prolongs Life
10. Eggs Are Great But Times Magazine Does Not Apologize
11. Cholesterol Deceptions – Eggs Are Great But Times Magazine Does Not Apologize
12. Cholesterol Drugs Cause Fatigue
13. Cholesterol Drugs Increase the Risk of Cause Breast Cancer
14. The Heart- Stomach Connection
Dr. Ali’s Cholesterol Course
Dr. Ali’s Heart Course