How Does Sugar Rob Memory?
Majid Ali, M.D.
1. Sugar is a fertilizer for fermenting microbes (yeast and others) in the gut.
2. Overgrowth of gut fermenters acidifies blood and thickens it (literally turns it sour), creating microclots in the circulating blood that can be directly seen with a high-resolution microscope.
3. Sugar spikes trigger insulin spikes and excess insulin impairs the function of cell lining blood vessels called endo cells (short for endothelial cells).
4. Insulin toxicity (persistent excess insulin) directly disrupts nutrient metabolism in the brain.
5. Excess sugar intake long-term impairs ATP energy generation in mitochondria in the cells.
Dr. Ali’s Insulin Course
Dr. Ali’s Fermentation Course