Top Seven Natural Remedies for Inflammation
Majid Ali, M.D.
An Article of Dr. Ali’s Top Seven Series
Here is the list of my top seven suggestions for a gentle and progressive plan for controlling persistent chronic inflammation. It is important that these natural remedies be considered specific causes of actute inflammation have addressed.
Details of each item are presented in other articles posted on www.alihealing.org and www.aliscience.org I follow this list with a weekly program for those who might prefer a weekly schedule. In the end I include a short note about my Start-Low-Build-Slow Principle.
1. Gentle daily bowel-liver-blood detox (best done with Dr. Ali’s Spicy Breakfasts)
2. Spice remedies turmeric, ginger, cayenne,
3. Castor oil skin rubs over areas of chronic inflammation
4. Gut fermentation control with four-week sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free diet
5. Enzyme therapies (bromelains and others)
6. Oxygen Therapy (hydrogen peroxide foot soaks and others)
7. Nutrients (vitamins, minerals, oils, and brain nutrients)
Dr. Ali’s Start-Low-Build-Slow Principle
In all guidelines for natural remedies for preserving health and reversing chronic diseases, I strongly advise readers to follow my Start-Low-Build-Slow Principle. Simply stated, this principle requires that an individual in trying natural remedies be cautious and closely observe how the body responds to natural remedies, beginning with small amounts or portions of remedies (as low as one-tenth the value on the first day, and doubling them every day until the recommended dose is reached). If any negative senses are experienced, the item should be discontinued or taken in smaller amounts for longer periods of time to increase tolerance. It is important that a doctor be consulted to rule out the presence of serious coexisting or underlying conditions.