Reducing Insulin Dose in Diabetes Type 1 – Dr. Ali’s Insulin Course
Majid Ali, M.D.
Safe reduction of insulin dose for treating diabetes type 1 has many benefits, including weight loss and improved glucose control. But it must be considered under the supervision of a physician. To assisted interested readers in making informed decisions, I offer a free course entitled “Dr. Ali’s Insulin Course” posted on www.AliDiabetes.org) and www.AliScience.org). Please enter INSULIN in the search boxes of these websites.
Guidelines for Insulin Dose Reduction
1. Low-carb, high-fat, and high protein diet. See “Dr. Ali’s Insulin Reduction Diet” following “Dr. Ali’s Start-Low, Build-Slow Principle.” Details appear at www.AliScience.org.
2. Gentle Bowel, Blood, and Liver detox three days a week with one of my spicy breakfasts (see recipes at www.AliHealing.org).
3. Gentle Bowel, Blood, and Liver detox three days a week with castor oil skin rubs (see details at www.AliHealing.org).
4. Multivitamin supplementation
5. Mineral supplementation
6. Creatinine powder, starting with a small dose of one teaspoonful and slowly increasing to a tablespoon
7. Some oral diabetes medications are helpful for reducing the dose of insulin. They work in two ways: (1) improved glucose regulation; and (2) weight loss.The use of such drugs should only be added to the insulin injections under the supervision of a doctor. Examples metformin (Fortamet, Glucophage, others), exenatide (Byetta), liraglutide (Victoza) and pramlintide (Symlin).