What Is Anxiety? – Dr. Ali’s Anxiety Course
What Is Anxiety?
Majid Ali, M.D.
I have lived a blessed life so far. I have had only one serious attack of anxiety. That episode gave me this insight about the anxiety state: If one experiences such discomfort that one cannot find suitable words to express it in a way that one accepts as appropriate, one suffers from an anxiety state.
Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
Following is a list of signs and symptoms that are generally experienced in acute and chronic anxiety state:
The physical effects include any combination of the following:
* Pallor, sweating
* Rapid heart rate with palpitations or tachycardia (rate above 100 per minute),
* Muscle tension and tightness
* Trembling, enlarging of pupils
* Sense of dread or panic.
* Fatigue, Nausea,
* Chest discomfort, tightness, or shortness of breath,
* Stomach discomfort, heartburn, or fullness
* Rise in blood pressure,
* Immune suppression (effects of chronic anxiety)
Please Consider my FREE Dr. Ali’s Depression Course